Because Lady May’s Mini Duna cage was cracking rather rapidly we had to think of a solution rather quickly so we used a plastic storage bin that we were using as a playpen, bought some mesh and made a quick temporary solution for a lid. It did the job it was meant to do and Lady May welcomed the additional space. That was over two months ago now and that temporary solution was going to need a more permanent replacement at some point so we did our research, investigated the costs of buying a new lid separately vs buying a new box and eventually we decided that it was just as cheap to buy a new box.

As we are planning to add another hamster to Metallica Hamstery at some point in the future we got a deal on two boxes that are the same size as the box that May is currently living in. They arrived today so we’ll be looking forward to setting them up very soon.

We’ll post photos when they are finished.