Metallica Hamstery does not breed in high volumes or for profit and I do so only to improve the quality of the breed and at a time when I can be sure that I can give each litter the individual time and attention they need to be happy and healthy hamsters. This does mean that I won’t always have a litter available for rehoming but I operate a waiting list system so that I am able to keep you in mind if a litter comes up.
As a responsible breeder, I will show discretion when rehoming my pups and in order to ensure that the hamsters I have raised are going to the best homes, I will require all prospective rehomers to fill out an application form. This is just a simple form but if you’ve never kept a Chinese Hamster before an are unsure on what is the most suitable caging or something then don’t worry, I’m always happy to help with advice. Just mention it on your form and I will get back to you.
There are a couple of things that I ask you to bear in mind before filling out my form
- You will need to have permission from the owner of the property you live in to own pets. If you are under 16 years old, you will need to ask your parents to get in touch with me.
- Chinese Hamsters can live for up to 3-4 years and you will need to make sure that you are happy to commit to provide a hamster with the proper care for the duration of their life.
- You will need to make sure that your hamster has a suitable cage to live in and has adequate enrichment.
- You will need to ensure that your hamster has sufficient food and water, which includes the provision of suitable fresh vegetables.
- You will need to be aware of any signs of illness in your hamster and willing to take them to a suitable vet if required.
- Please be honest if you are planning to show or breed your hamster so that I can ensure that you are offered a suitable hamster for this purpose.
- If you find that you are unable to continue to care for your new hamster at any time then you agree to contact me so that I can arrange to have the hamster returned to me. I do not want any of my hamsters to need to have to go into rescue.
I try to consider all requests when rehoming pups and you will be advised when a pup becomes available however priority will be given to the owners of any stud hamsters used as parents for the litter. If you source a hamster from elsewhere or the timing is not suitable then please let me know and I will be able to offer the pup to the next person on the waiting list. I am more than happy to keep you on my waiting list for a pup from a future litter if this is the case, but you will need to let me know that you’d like me to do this.
I charge a rehoming fee for all pet rehomers to the value of £10. This is to cover the costs of food and substrates needed to raise the pups, and will be re-invested back into the Hamstery. The fee is to be paid at the time of collection.
Included in the price of your rehoming fee is your hamster’s care package which includes their pedigree and birth certificate, a sample of the food that they have been eating, a small packet of suitable treats, a care leaflet and an application form to join the relevant NHC affiliated hamster club for your area.
Collections and Delivery
I attend the majority of the hamster shows hosted by the Southern Hamster Club and several of the shows hosted by the Midland Hamster Club and am more than happy for you to come and pick up your hamster from one of the shows. As I frequently Steward at these shows, I may be busy when you arrive but if you let me know of a rough time that you expect to arrive in advance, I will make arrangements to ensure that you will still be able to pick up your hamster.
Alternatively I live about 10 miles outside of Bath and am easily accessible via public transport. You are more than welcome to pick up your hamster from me where I am happy to show you at least one or both parents however I do on occasions borrow hamsters for use in my breeding so it may not always be possible to see both parents. If this is the case, I am happy to show you a photo of the other parent. I am also happy to travel into Bath City Centre to meet you in a mutually convenient location if you would prefer.
When coming to collect your hamster, please ensure that you have a suitable container to bring them home in or have arranged for me to provide one. Cardboard boxes will not be suitable.